Sep 18, 2008
Update: Jabberwock has an interesting take on internal team meetings
Sep 15, 2008
Dominate the battle on the ground
3. Connect every thana, every chowki (and in future every policeman) to a national database and network. Neither POTA nor a new anti-terrorism agency is crucial: connect existing intelligence and law-enforcement agencies through a common network.
4. Empower police by implementing police reforms. Use the Supreme Court of India’s judgement in Prakash Singh & Others vs Union of India & Others to generate momentum. Strengthen police-public partnerships.
5. Move internal security to the PMO. The Prime Minister should chair a Cabinet Committee on Internal Security; a dedicated internal security advisor (rank of secretary or higher) should be appointed to act as the point man covering all aspects of internal security.
Also, as i have mentioned before, police reforms can be one of the best things that can be done by the government today. We can definitely take advantage of IT and telecom technological improvements to reform the police system. This will have immense benefits, economic, political and social.
Sep 13, 2008
Self Awareness- This is a huge thing if you are intelligent enough, but it may not be very useful if you are too impatient.
Sep 12, 2008
- I think the Steve Waughs mental disintegration concept has come full circle. It was obvious from the start that the IPL money will ask the highly paid cricketers to redefine their mental makeup..and Symonds has apparently done so.....For all the arrogance about mental toughness etc from Aussies...this really is a bad sign for them. Course this is good news for indians. Symonds is one of those players who always does well against India.
- The Indo-US nuclear deal is not an unmixed blessing...its a blessing nonetheless. I am however optimistic cos the intent will be lost..but the signed paper will remain and the indo us commercial deals will take care about the sustainability of the deal. I am not very sanguine about the nuclear weapons programme though, give the lack of Indias institutional strenght and the ability to take advantage of ambiguous details.
- One thing i have learnt about the skills of concentration..persitenece pays..and its a habit rather than talent. I mean..you can develop your skills of concentration with practice or mental laziness can be overcome.
Sep 10, 2008
Sep 6, 2008
Overtime has been one of the important sources of some additional income for government employees. but over time the concept of over time has lost some of the attraction and you will find that people have been discussing advantages of overtime less and less over time.