Mar 6, 2008

An Apology

I must have been in standard 4th or 5th when i crossed my swords with Wordsworth. There was this book "Panorama" a book on poems assigned to my cousins who studied in another school. And i remember reading the poem "Daffodils" by Wordsworth and while there was some pleasant imagery, i was distinctly unimpressed by Wordsworth call to solitude .
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
but right now with nothing to do on a lazy summerish afternoon listening to Hemant Kumar and, I lie in a vacant mood and actually my heart seems filled of pleasure and while i haven't danced with daffodils..i can relate to the feeling..

So Mr William W. Wordsworth..I apologise

No comments:

Post a Comment