Mar 31, 2008

The Professional

Rahul Dravid is not my favourite batsman (Sachin is)...He is not my faovurite indian captain (Dada is)..He is not even my favourite cricketer (Sachin again)..but over the years, Dravid has continually risen in my estimation as the truest professional in the Indian team. I mean Md Kaif is also a gud professional but he had to be one. But given Dravid's talent and approach etc, Dravid could have become a prima donna..but he didnt. He accepted that the team is bigger than him.

So..all in all Not only Dravid is gud enough to score 10k in both the forms of the game, he is good enough to be an example for other players and thats what makes him truly great.

5 comments:

  1. i agree....but irony of the matter is that after so many years, when he has finally understood the difference between one-day cricket and test cricket, he has been dropped from the one day side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Dreamer - How do u know that he finally understood the difference...i mean what signal??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @spiff....don't u remem what dravid's strike rate used to be in good ol' days....

    ReplyDelete